Straight Base Copper Bathtub Nickel Inside Black Outside
Straight Base Copper Bathtub Nickel Inside Black Outside | 16-gauge pure copper tub | 67″ (L) x 28″ (W) x 28.5″ (H)
- Nickel Finish Interior & Black Exterior Finish
- Made of pure durable 16 gauge copper
- Handcrafted by consummate Indian artisans
- Waste Included
- Tub filler must be floor or wall mounted
Most bathtubs require a mortar or wooden base for the tub to rest on. This round copper bathtub has a special requirement for the bathtub bed considering its big size. The wooden or mortar bed is created during the installation of the bathtub and is contoured to the bottom of the tub to support the weight of human bodies plus water.
Since our round copper bathtub has a big size that can accommodate two adults comfortably, this means that the weight on the base of the bathtub which includes the weight of human bodies plus the weight of the water can be huge. Hence we recommend installing this bathtub on a bathtub bed as depicted via pictorial explanation down below.
Care & Maintenance
Copper is a soft metal and hence can get scratches easily, however owing to self-healing nature of copper, these scratches will disappear themselves as surface of copper constantly reacts with the air and gradually changes color and appearance. This is called the patina.
Instead of trying to repair the scratches, you should start loving them as these scratches, dents, and dings form the unique character of the copper and adds to the rustic feel of the metal product.
- Never use any corrosive cleaners or ammonia and acid-based cleaners as these can damage the surface of the copper bath. Use a mild detergent or mild soap only.
- Avoid using steel wool and brushes as these can scratch the surface of your bath. Use a soft cloth for cleaning instead.
- Please dry the bath of whatever finish you have ( copper, nickel plated, color paint ) after every use otherwise it can have water marks.
- While bathing, make sure that the bathing substances that you add to the water are suitable for use in the copper tub. You should for example never use lemon in a copper bathtub.
There are no reviews yet.